- Master of Architecture, University of Pennsylvania (1988) Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Art + Design, Portland State University (1984), Portland, OR
Founder and Principal, Dennis M. Thompson is a licensed Architect with more than 30 years experience in Philadelphia and the Pacific Northwest as a Project Architect and Designer. Dennis designs, plans and oversees all aspects of Master Planning and construction projects from concept through to completion. Dennis is the liaison and primary contact with clients, consultants and jurisdictions. Dennis is NCARB Certified and is licensed to practice Architecture in Oregon, California, Arizona and Georgia.
- Has been an active member of the American Institute of Architects since 1988
- Adjunct Professor of Architecture at Portland State University from 1990-92
- Architecture Jury Critic at Portland State University and Marylhurst University
- Included in 1995 list of “The 239 Most Interesting People in Portland” by Oregonian columnist Jonathan Nicholas - Chair of Portland Chapter AIA Small Firm Roundtable and Northwest Regional Representative
- Became a LEED ? Accredited Professional (AP) and joined U.S. Green Building Council in 2009
- Became an Energy Trust of Oregon Program Design Ally in 2010
Dennis and his wife Tania spend their spare time volunteering at the Oregon Dog Rescue Center, Tualatin OR and as a Tennis Coaches for Special Olympics at the Lake Oswego Tennis Center.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Oregon (1984)
- Architecture Major at Drexel University and Portland State University (1989-92)
Tania studied Architecture for 3 years at Drexel University in Philadelphia and at Portland State University before starting a successful retail business. While running the stores, Tania managed the business and marketing aspects of DMTA part time. In 2006, Tania joined DMTA full-time, as coordinator of Interior Design and Business Administration. Tania selects all Interior Furnishings and Finishes and insures that projects are completed on time and under budget.
- Master of Architecture, Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture, Taliesin West, AZ (1997)
- Cleveland State University, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy (1987)
Martin was a former partner in the firm Newland + Winnen Design Studio in Northern California before relocating to Lake Oswego and working with dmta ARCHITECTURE. Martin has 16 years experience as a BETA-tester for our BIM software, VectorworksTM. Martin’s role is project design and documentation assistance where he currently coordinates all of our projects using a 3D BIM workflow.